Friday, April 18, 2014

It begins... Clutch one hatched!


So the first clutch of the season hatched on Good Friday, and it was a GOOD FRIDAY!

I have been planning to breed the dame, the Pinstripe het Pied possible het Hypo female, to be able to prove out the Hypo genes. With that, I needed a Hypo Pied something, and the Pastel Hypo het Pied male I had fit the bill.

This was one of those projects I was working on for a while, and finally got eggs from this year.

I am thrilled with the results of the pairing, even if the female has yet to prove to be 100% het Hypo.


The results are as follows:

1.0 100% Het Hypo 66% possible Het Pied
0.1 Pastel 100% Het Hypo 66% possible Het Pied
0.1 Pied 100% Het Hypo
1.0 Pinstripe Pied 100% Het Hypo
0.1 Lemonblast Pied  100% Het Hypo


This female Pied is almost solid with her stripe. I love it!


I had yet to hatch Pinstripe Pieds, and I have to say, I really like them! The stripe still stays, and the orange colors are so much more vibrant from the Pinstripe, I look forward to seeing them grow.


This male is really stunning.. I am very impressed!


And this little girl will be staying with me. I don't have many multiple gene Pied females, so of course, why would I not keep something that has two co-dominant genes and two recessive?

Seems like a no-brainer.

I am very pleased with this first clutch, and the next clutch is due in a few weeks from now as well.

I don't expect a ton of clutches this year due to the move, but if I do get eggs that are around during the move, that will be an interesting transition...

To be discussed (thanks for the question, Kristal!) at a later date.

Have a great day, my friends!

No comments: