Wednesday, May 14, 2014

It has arrived! TSK Axanthic Clown


So it looks like it's a girl.

But it is also fully out of the egg, and looks VERY similar to the previous TSK Axanthic Clowns that were produced in 2008 by Bryce Honstead. Here is the blog with the photos from way back then.



Here the two sisters (as briefly checked by me, so therefore I get to edit the sex on a future date if necessary) in a nice pretty photo together.

There is another Axanthic pipping right now, with two more eggs to go. The female that produced these girls has popped out a significant amount of Axanthics. Last year the clutch was all Axanthics as well!


I am really very pleased with the way this critter turned out.


As I have mentioned before, I like patternless (alien-head-less) Clowns, and this one fits the bill for sure! 

The one back in 2008 also was very similar to this one, with no pattern on the sides.


I tried to get the real color on camera, and the photo above does the best job at it. They do tend to brown out as they age, and with the morph being as bright and golden toned overall, they dull out to a nice taupe, as shown here on this blog from 2010.

That female in the blog is still here in California, and I hope to track down some updated photos for you to view.

I am very excited to play with this project, as I have been working towards it for a significant amount of time. I just got there a little faster than expected. YAY!

Hopefully I have another one in the egg, or something else popping out that can explain what is going on with the males of the breeding.

Fingers crossed, and check back in tomorrow!

Have a great day, my friends.

No comments: