Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Huntington Gardens and YAY!

One of my favorite places to be is at Huntington Gardens...


I wanted to get married there, but of course it was going to be a Million Bajillion Dollars, so we decided against it.

So of course, on my last day of "vacation" back from traveling the East Coast, I wanted to have some down home wandering in the warmth. So we did!

And I brought my camera, which I had been playing with a lot while on vacation, and remembered to do so again. 


Roses are awesome, and I really like the Rose Garden here. It is very well tended, and you can see over 200 varieties of roses when in season.


This is almost my favorite rose... Not quite.  (Circus Roses FTW)


Also close, but no cigar.


This one is just awesome.. I would totally love a bouquet of these.


I love the Candycane stripes on these..


And of course, I found critters. This mantis didn't move for several photos.. I wanted to poke her, but I decided against it. 


The butterflies were out in full force as well.


As were the Fence Lizards...



And the Hummingbirds.

The Japanese Garden portion of the Botanical Gardens just reopened recently, so I wanted to take a look. 

Cool Lion Statue

Awesome Bonsai setup

One of the relaxing pools
Our leaves change too!
Ginkos in the Fall

A view from the wooden bridge
It was peaceful, relaxing, and most importantly, got me inwardly thinking.

Which in turn, got me a bit jazzed for this upcoming season, which should be in full force, but has yet to happen.

So, when I got back home, I went into the room and did a count of ready females and males.

And guess what?

I HAVE MY EXCEL SPREADSHEET DONE.

This is huge news, people. I am on my way to actually pairing and having documentation to make it official. By the end of the week, I will have put males in with females and have a PLAN in hand.

WOW.

Yes, I am doing this late, and yes, I know that this should have happened like four months ago, but since I have been out of it, I admit, I've been slow on the uptake.

But we are on our way, people.


Now to figure out which way to go...



Have a great day, my friends!

No comments: