First we started out in Virginia, then Washington D.C., then New York.
Then back to California!
So here is what I learned over the last week:
- There are awesome folks out there that breed Ball Pythons in Virginia. Specifically Virginia Beach, where there is apparently something in the water to make all snakes HUGEMONGOUS.
- I have tiny snakes, and I feel inadequate and need some Virginia Beach water.
- I need to come out of my "dark place" and get my ass in gear. Thank you for that reminder. :)
- Oh Doo and Bacon FTW
- Joel is now known as Mister Dude.
- Cool peeps live in Virginia Beach and know how to have a good time.
- It is cold on the East Coast. We came from 80 degree weather to 50 degree highs.
- My best friend has very cute children.
- Driving from one part of Virginia to the other isn't too bad...
- The leaves do change dramatically during the Fall. (I knew this, but took pictures to show you, and of course the picture isn't that dramatic.. We were driving.)
- Washington D.C. is pretty big!
- Lots of cool things to do there... Two days is not even close to enough time to see it all.
- It's cold... and bound to get colder.
|Washington Monument from the Mall|
|White House again|
|White House one more time!|
|Hey, Look! It's the White House!|
|View of Lincoln Memorial from the Washington Monument|
|World War II Memorial|
|World War II Memorial|
|4048 Stars, each star representing 100 soldiers who died in WWII.|
|View of the Washington Monument from WWII Memorial|
|Reflecting Pool view of Washington Monument (from the Lincoln Memorial side)|
|Lincoln Memorial (was very popular)|
|Hey Look! It's Lincoln!|
|HERE are some pretty leaf colors.|
|More pretty leaves, and the Washington Memorial.|
|Beautiful shades of red.|
|Arlington Cemetery with changing leaves|
|The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier|
|The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, with Guard.|
- I felt like I didn't have enough time. Didn't get to see enough.
- Metro rides are not bad in the city.
- Excellent Food in the City. Founding Farmers was a good place to enjoy some well made food.
- Flying around the country is not my favorite thing to do.
- New York was damaged significantly from Sandy, but nothing that can't be fixed.
- It's cold there too.
- My family is awesome, and I am blessed to have them.
- My husband is also awesome, and traveled well in the cold, considering he is a Southern California Boy, born and raised. Snow isn't even in his vocabulary.
- I need to stop eating so much. Thanksgiving is a great time, but it's time to lose the Lbs.
- Apparently, I can pass for a fifteen year old girl, as the lady in security in New York asked me if I was...
- It is easier to understand the time difference when you experience it first hand. Three hours is a lot of time. I will take that into account when dealing with East Coast Customers.
Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving.