Friday, August 23, 2013

Radio with Linda Davison

So the mention I made about the radio show I did at the Pomona show is legit, and the program is actually up now!

http://www.herpnation.com/audio/stfr1-081613/?simple_nav_category=audio

Linda Davison from Sticky Tongue Farms and I have a discussion about being a woman in the industry, and she speaks with two other ladies who have been around for a while as well. Take a listen and let me know what you think!

It was fun to do, and I hope to be given the opportunity to scratch a little more than the surface if we do it again. I thought of a million other stories that I could have shared, one of which I will mention here.

Several years ago, before I was married, I was on Facebook making my rounds, and recieved a message from a gentleman out of the blue. It pretty much went like this:

"Hi, I am interested in your snakes. You are very pretty and you have awesome Balls. Are you single?"

WHAT??????????????

Let me point out that I have been with Joel for almost 10 years (consistently, and including during this time), and it is clearly shown on my profile, and pretty much everywhere else.

He goes on...

"I have some good Balls, and you do too. If we get together, our collection would be amazing. What do you think?"

(Note, I am paraphrasing, these are not direct quotes...)

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT????????????????

I have never met this man in my life, I only am aware of him from his profile (which we were not "friends"), and he comes onto me because I have a great collection?

This was a turning point for me. I have to say I was very dissapointed in him in general, even though I didn't know him. He's going to try to "get with me" for my snakes? Really???

I wasn't having it, and told him nicely that I was "happy with my boyfriend, thank you. Have a great day." and left it at that.

But it has obviously left a mark. Being a woman, and having cool stuff, is that really enough to be attractive to some people? I go with the idea of gold-diggers in this case...

NOT INTERESTED.

I would like to be appreciated for my intellect, my skill and my animals, not because I am a woman and can, by way of acquisition, allow you access to a bunch of snakes.

So that was something that I have experienced over my time as being a female Breeder. I'm sure I'm not the only one.


There you have it.

Enjoy the radio, and have a great weekend!

No comments: