Monday, October 7, 2013

Distractions from Snakes


So I admit it... There are times where I am distracted from dealing with the snakes.

If you are a constant reader, you know that I work full time, do school to pursue my Masters, and have a few things like a Husband and fuzz children to take care of.

I have also fallen prey to Candy Crush, Plants vs. Zombies, and The Simpsons: Tapped Out! games...

It's rather sad how often I indulge, where I know I should be doing other more productive things.

BUT!!!

I do get back into the groove when I know it is time, and the snakes get their fair shake, especially now that I have dedicated the time to do the blog at least three times a week.

But of course, as I am typing this, I am also playing Candy Crush on my iPad.

Multitasking for the win!

(BTW: Level 410 is a BITCH.)


So with this season already winding down for me, the next season is upon me!
I am working on a plan to revamp the collection, and I am already rather conflicted.

WHAT DO I KEEP WORKING ON? WHAT DO I LET GO OF?

I spend plenty of time figuring things out in the rest of my world, and managing things well.

Now when it comes to the snakes, there are times where I am completely stumped.

I have been doing this for a while, and there is always something new and cool to do... which completely derails the plans from two or three years ago when I got into a particular project.


I have to say that half of the stuff I made this year was not planned for a particular project. And of course when I have people ask me "What is a good project to start in?", I always answer "Whatever you like the most!"

That is a complete cop-out, and I know it. 

The problem with answering that question is this: I am not you. I have no idea what you like, what your resources are, what you want to really do in this hobby....

I can't answer that question without just saying "Morph X" because it looks cool, or because I have one for sale...

And that is not right, and I can not in good conscience do that to anyone. 

So, as I have learned this technique in my life, I answer the question with another question, so that you can figure it out yourself without my random suggestion that has no real bearing on what you want. 

Anyway, with all of the distractions I have, I always spend the time on the blog to convince myself that now is the time to focus on what the heck I'm doing. This is important, and I really do need to get on it.

The list of things has been made, and I need to get to pairing plans soon. There are a few animals that are already paired, and I have to say it will be fun this year, with lots of things ready to go.

What do you think would be cool to see? Give me suggestions to add to the list of things to make happen...

Of course, if you are looking to buy a certain morph, that would also help me work it in as well. Help me help you..

Have a great week, my friends.

No comments: