Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Boys on break, What to do?

I realize I haven't been sharing much of the activity going on in terms of breeding, but to be very honest with you, there hasn't been much to share!

The boys have been pulled for a few days, and although they have had their respective female partners this past week, I didn't get any real clear locks out of the whole period of time. Therefore, there are no photos.

So....

What to do to pass the time?

The deluge of questions has tapered off, and I have not been overcome with a specific topic to discuss today.

So I took photos.

When in doubt, Heather, take photos...

So here we are.

Recessive fun for this blog. 

Why recessives? Well, cause they are awesome, that's why... 


This is my holdback awesome Genetic Stripe female that I produced (FINALLY) this year. I am super proud of the way she looks, and I have to say I can't wait to see how she develops into a breeder. Solid stripes for the WIN!


And these two boys are going to be big time breeders in the arsenal when the time comes. Above is my Pastel Pied male, and below, my Lavender Albino male.  I cannot WAIT to use these guys in projects. But, as my luck seems to happen, my recessive males (cough cough, CLOWN) tend to be a bit slow in developing. 

We shall see. These guys are on the puny side. They have some time to grow. 

By the way, that black spot on the Pied is not a mite, nor is it dirt. It is a birth mark, and I love it. Maybe I should name him Chip? I'm not sure...

And I could not get the best colors on the Lav boy. I'm going to have to play around with the camera some more. Not true colors on this one. It's tough to make work. 

Oh well.


Have a fantastic day, my friends!

No comments: