Monday, June 18, 2012

Vanillas...

So this is going to be a quick one, since I had not written this early on, and I have no pictures to share.

(EDIT: Now I do! Read on!)

I admit it.

I am not a good identifier of morphs that I am not familiar with.

This is especially true for my first clutch of Vanillas.

They hatched out yesterday, and I know from the Vanilla het Hypo to Pastel breeding that I got two Pastel Vanillas.

They were pretty darned obvious.

(Insert darned obvious photo here when time allows)




BUT!!!
I have the Pastel Vanillas, what I think is a Pastel (but could be a low grade Pastel Vanilla) and two Normal or possible Vanillas out of the egg.



It is especially hard when I have no for sure just Vanilla babies out of the egg to compare with.


(Clutch Photo will be here.... at some point)

And here are the Normal/Vanillas... I have no idea. (I think the one on the left is a Vanilla..)



This is one of those times where I reach out to other breeders for feedback. It's a common practice within the industry, especially between people who know the morph the best and those who don't.

This is true of these morphs:

Vanilla, Special, Specter, Het Russo, etc... (There are plenty more, but those are the ones I see most often)
And of course, normals... Dinkers always are the ones that people ask the most about.

This is with good reason... Normals that look different are the reason we have the morphs we have already!

So there you go.

I will put up pictures and get some answers and maybe when all is said and done, someone out there can make an assessment.

Have a great day, my friends!


Happy Birthday, Brohbs!!! (It's my little brother's Birthday!)

No comments: