Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Het Red Axanthics and what they do.

Het Red Axanthics are a very subtle morph. I get questions all the time about if they are what they are. 

Here are a few clues as to what they look like. 
They were specifically bred as Black Backs. They are genetically inclined to be Black Backs, but there are a few out there that are not. 


Look for the strange patterned alien heads (just a circle or a joined dark center). Look for black squiggles on the sides of the inner pattern. Floaty circles are also an indication. The two I have up for you here are the less obvious versions of Het Reds, but as you can see, they are darker in general, with the floaty pattern and overall black backs. There is some squiggle sides inside the alien heads, but they are not prevalent.


These guys here are my Pastel het Reds, and they are a bit more obvious, somewhat. 
 The one on the left is a brighter female, and the one on the right is the male. The female shows more pattern issues, with floating circles, and off alien heads. The male shows more of the black back and the odd pattern as well. 

 

 Here again we see the male, with the odd pattern and dots within his alien heads.


And of course, the super form, the Red Axanthic. Completely different and not at all what you expect from the morph to turn into this, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. Pretty cool, huh?
Again, look at the pattern. Floating circles, weird pattern, speckles and squiggles in the alien heads.


 So I hope that helps. I wish I was more photo savvy so that I could highlight and circle things. I may have to do that one of these days. But for now, my superior descriptive powers will have to do. 
HAH!

 As I was taking photos of the Het Reds, I had to check in on the breedings so far. 

Here we have them!

Pied to Het Pied

POG to Het Ghost

This one was funny... This is the Ghost poss het Pied to the Pied poss het Ghost. He is protecting his property! I couldn't get a good shot of the lockup because he was so curled over the female, actually clamping her down, that I couldn't move him to get a tail shot. 

 Enchi to Mojave. No confirmed lock, but he was trying hard!

 TSK Axanthic het Albino to a Pastel poss het Axanthic (in shed) 
I would love for her to prove out.. Would be super sweet to see some Axanthic combos this year!


 So there you go, my friends. Have a fantastic day!


1 comment:

Jackie M. said...

So of course I was asking because one of my het pieds is super extra almost hypermelanistic dark, and something somebody said about one of their dark animals on the forums made me think about him in the context of a pos het red.

And he does have a black back!

But his alien heads just aren't... floaty enough. The het reds you've shown have an almost cinnamon look to their alien heads. Side by side, my guy just look like an extra-dark, black back normal.

Boo!