Monday, December 6, 2010

It's starting to look a lot like Christmas...


We purchased and set up the tree, and so far, this is going to be our first Christmas that we are spending at home. 

It has been a lot of fun, and I really enjoy putting up the decorations around the house. 

Joel and I have purchased a few ornaments together, and this part of the tree is my favorite.

Awwwwww..... How cute.

Anyway, I digress. 

Among the setting up for the holidays, I have also done a lot of cleaning and soul searching in terms of the projects next year.

There has been a storm system coming thru the area, and I am loving the rain... too bad the boys are on break day. Tomorrow will be pairing up day for sure.

I've been debating a few things, and I have to say that I am still not 100% set on the season, and it is already time to get serious.

Why so serious??? Cause time is ticking by, my friends. Not that it is super late in the season,  but it is time to have a plan for sure.

Anyway, I am not palpating my females as of yet either, which is something I know I should do. So this leads us back to the questions on palpating that I didn't touch.

If you can feel follicles, you have around a month or two to breed her before she ovulates. It really depends on the size of the follicles, but if you can feel them, BREED HER.

That's always a good rule of thumb. There is a schedule of follicular development, and I know its around somewhere in my archives, but I'll have to track it down for you all.

As I do that, I plan on touching on a few other questions/answers that I have been shirking, as well as photos of animals. I realize I have not done that in a few weeks with everything going on. Heck, there aren't any photos of animals other than Joel and myself on this blog!

I will get back into gear, I promise.

Until then, stew in your questions, and let me know what you wanna see!

Have a fantastic week, my friends.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I finally came up with a question....

During this time of year, the males who are ready all start going bonkers, constantly wandering their tubs, pushing on the lids, going 'round and 'round and 'round. I feel bad for them, especially the ones that are constantly pushing at the lid--I don't want them to hurt themselves. (I have a female who really bunged up her nose pushing against her tub.) Is there anything I can do to calm them down? I don't have enough ready females for all of them to get one.