Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Pretty White

I have always touted the glory of the leucistic complex morphs, the Lessers, the Mojaves, the Butters.. etc.

Pastel Lesser
And of course, most people love the wow factor of the white animals. Pieds, leucistics, and albinos all have that WOW that even normal people would love to see.

So of course, most of the popular morphs are those that actually have that Wow Factor, or can contribute to that Wow Factor.
Mojave Het Genetic Stripe



Pieds, Albinos, Leucistics are all goal snakes for most people who are beginning out breeding, because they are awesome even out of the egg.

I have to admit, making Albinos and seeing them pip is always a fun thing, due to the fact that you can immediately tell you have something new and different. There is no question as to what they are, and they are always a cool thing to have and see.

So of course, I had to go out of my way and add more WOW factor to the collection.

Welcome to the fold, Black Pastel Pied.

He is VERY high white, and apparently most of them hatch out this way. He even has white nostrils!

There is no coloration to him other than his head. His body is entirely white until his neck and head, and the white bleeds onto his nose as well.

I am super excited to have him in the collection, and I have to say that he is a complete jerk, so I know he'll be a good eater at least. He has already tried to bite me at least fifty times... even through his cup on the way home!
Black Pastel Pied
Gotta love the feisty ones...

Have a great day, my friends!

No comments: