Friday, November 11, 2011

Allergies... still here


Happy Veterans Day!


While dealing with all of the snakes and pairings, the feedings still have to happen, and I am still sniffing like crazy on account of the rats.

I am allergic, and it's not easy to deal with... Especially right now with the dry air and the particulate that comes with rodents and their bedding.

Aaaa-choo!
My eyes burn, my nose runs, and I keep sneezing or coughing. It's not fun sometimes, and today is one of those days.

I do use tongs/hemostats, but I have to say sometimes it doesn't help. Especially when you have to dig thru bedding to find the rodents anyway. Shaving dust is not something that is particularly great to breathe in.

Other things that can and will set me off (and maybe you too?) is the bedding dust for the snakes as well. Sani-chips do have some slight dust, and it does get airborne if you pour it or move it around.

So with sniffles and watery eyes, I feed and pull rats all night long. It takes me around three hours to complete the feeding process, and yes, I do feed live. It's not hard, it's just time consuming. Thursday nights are feeding nights, and they take a while.

But anything to keep the collection happy, healthy and fat!

With tongs and a wary hand, I open tubs, place rats, feed snakes, remove uneaten rats, monitor snakes for issues, and spot clean when needed. 

What I do for the things I love...

Have a great day, my friends!

No comments: