Thursday, April 26, 2012

What to say

Well, I am at a point where I am just curious about the status of today's society.

I have been getting a deluge of one sentance inquiries without names again, and I really wonder if this is as common place as it is seeming to be.

Honestly, it does rub me a bit wrong, but I also admit that I am somewhat of a Grammar Nazi. Common courtesies within writings are something that I try my best to keep alive, including title, structure and a signature.

And of course, because I am fighting a losing battle, I feel like I am just getting old and crotchety.

I would like to point out that in the world of annoyances, it really isn't that big of a deal. But when I cannot answer the questions that people are asking because of the lack of information from the original party, I have a really difficult time with it.

How am I supposed to answer something like this?

"how much duz it weig?"

It? What "it" are we talking about?

And does is not that hard to spell... and spellcheck is a wonderful tool!

THIS is what I get that I can't figure out how people can send... And of course, if I don't answer it to the expectation of the sender within a reasonable amount of time, I am the bad guy.

Because of something like this, I have horrible customer service and do not answer any e-mails ever!

.... Yeah

How am I supposed to answer that without sounding snarky? I try, and I ask for as much clarification as I can in a professional manner. That is what I do at my Full-Time job as well.. Customer service is something I feel comes second-hand to me, but not when the customer isn't helpful in allowing me to be helpful.

I know how to ask the right questions, but when I don't get responses, I can't be expected to still know what this person is asking.

Am I wrong in this? Am I the only one who feels this way? What do I SAY???

I get more and more frustrated the more often I get these.

I guess I really am just old and crotchety. 

"Get with the times, Wong..."

Pretty soon it will be no vowels and text message terminology within e-mails (oh wait! It already happens!) as being common-place and standard, and acceptable.

And that makes me sad...

I'm going to go hide with my dictionary and Strunk and White now.

Have a great day, my friends!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

YES. OMG.

So, I reposted my babies a month ago? And the first transaction was a total breeze: he inquired, dropped $$$ in my paypal account, I shipped that girl to him the next day, she arrived safe and sound. Pleasure doing business with you, sir! Hope to again soon!

...and since then I've had people e-mail about the remaining girl, asking:

1.) what are the odds on a 66% het (um, about 66%?)

2.) if I can pair her with a male I haven't got (no) or better yet, with her 100% father (WHAT? NO)

3.) why she's only 330 grams when their 2011s are already 700 grams (????)

4.) low-balling and asking for me to switch her to live rats before shipping on Monday and then not actually paying

5.) low-balling, not paying, and then sending me another illegible e-mail asking if I'll sell them the parents (...seriously, what?)

MOST OF IT IN TXTSPK.

What part of Serious Inquiries Only isn't communicating here? I'm considering making it "Serious Inquiries Only, [censored]"