Thursday, March 8, 2012

You've Come a Long Way, Baby!


So last night I met a new friend for the first time to drop off a snake, and he asked me how long I have been doing this.

I had to stop and think about it. This will be my seventh season breeding, which is not to say that I haven't been doing this for longer, but that is how I quantified it for him. 

So of course, when I got home, I decided to go back and look at what I had from way back in the day. 

I remember when I started out, I got my website and was super excited about it. 

It was an absolute mess. 
(Here I wanted to post a screenshot, but apparently I didn't keep one)

I wanted to have a theme as well, so I bought some bright African themed cloth and decided to take all my photos of my animals on that backdrop. 

Here is a little taste.


The colors were awesome, of course, but the snake was not at the forefront, and it's colors compared to real life just didn't fly.

I was a little bummed, but hey... what are you going to do, right?

I kept trying over the next year or so, kept thinking of new ideas...


My photography was still a little shaky... I took pictures of animals on black and white after a while of experimenting, and they came out alright.

A few years went by, and I finally figured out how to manage and work things out in a better way.

My website got several renovations, my photography got better and more crisp, my animals grew and my collection did as well.

I started out with just one adult female normal and a Pastel male later on.

And now look at me!

I never would have thought I would be where I am today, really.

I imagined several instances of being able to produce the Axanthic Pied Killerblast Cinnamon Enchi Spider Albino....

I'm still a ways from that...

There are always goals to shoot for, right?

I may have to rethink that Axanthic Pied Killerblast Cinnamon Enchi Spider Albino, however. I don't think it would look that amazing, unfortunately...

But maybe something else? 10 gene animals... That's something to strive for!

Don't ever lose sight of your dreams, my friends.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SHOW US MORE PICS OF BACK IN THE DAY...PLEASE!