Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Alls quiet on the Western front, and Zoo pics

But not for long!!!

Lots of activity is going on in terms of Ovs and flat tires, so I expect a bunch of clutches in June, which is typical of my seasons.

I am actually looking to getting a clutch or two before the end of the month, but that is not guaranteed, so we shall just wait and see.

We are at clutch number four, and so far we are looking at:

Pied x Pastel: 6 eggs
Pied x Poss Het Pied: 5 eggs, 1 going bad
TSK Axanthic het Albino x TSK Axanthic poss het Albino: 5 eggs
Genetic Stripe x Het Genetic Stripe: 5 eggs

Looks like I will have a lot of my recessives out of the way early, eh?

Not too shabby.

Anyway, I wanted to share a few more photos of Washington DC while I have the right memory card in the computer.


We took the Metro to the Zoo in Washington DC, and the escalator up to street level was LONG!

But yes, we went to the DC Zoo, as it was walking distance, and you know I'm a sucker for animals.


I don't know who that kid is, but the picture was more for the sign than anything else.

This guy is a Fishing Cat. He was taking a nice nap. I was jealous.


Lots of animals were taking naps. Here are the otters. 


And they had an excellent Panda exhibit. I caught one of them munchin.



And an awesome Elephant.


Golden Lion Tamarind

 

Red Pandas, which are not really Pandas...

Prairie Dog was watching us...


And they have an excellent Reptile House, but I didn't take any photos of inside, due to the fact that I was with some young cousins that were constantly asking me questions, so I didn't have the time to snap photos. But I did get this photo of the outside! 

And here is the link for the photos that the Smithsonian offers of the reptiles they house anyway...



By the way, there were no Ball Pythons. I'm thinking about donating one....

Maybe later, eh? 

Have a fantastic week, my friends.

No comments: