Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Naming Confusion

I am having a hard time keeping up with the special names that everyone is giving to new combinations.

Perfect example...

Yesterday, I was looking thru the classifieds, and I was looking for the general market price for Jigsaws.

Jigsaws have always been Mojave Pinstripes to me, but I found several ads that listed them (Jigsaws) as Lesser Pinstripes.

Then I found a Kingpin ad... which is also a Lesser Pinstripe.

So I got super confused, and started doubting my sanity and my memory...

But again, it has been a while since the Jigsaws and Kingpins came out, and people had a much stronger feeling and need to identify the differences between the Blue Eye Leucistic makers.

So now, it seems like the lines are blurred for a few people, and this is coming out in advertising.

So I had to ask people on my Facebook page for clarification.

And I found out that I am not crazy...

But that there are different ways to name the Super forms of stuff..

The Super Pastel Jigsaw is named WHAT?

I thought it was the Killer Jigsaw, since that seems to follow the Killerbee theme...

But then I heard that you could call it the Super Jigsaw Blast, which to me identifies the animal as a Super Pastel Mojave Pinstripe Pinstripe Pastel... (See how I did that?)

So being old school, I have been having some hesitation about how to name things due to the fact that these things are just confusing!

So I'm going to stick with the simple names. It's just easier.... but longer...

-sigh-

I can't win.


Have a great day, my friends!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Huh. I have some sympathy for the killer vs. blast people. But calling a kingpin a jigsaw is just plain WRONG.