Thursday, September 20, 2012

VPI Axanthic Spotnoses


So the Spotnoses het VPI Axanthic x Spotnose het VPI Axanthic clutch hatched out yesterday!

I was really hoping to hit on a Powerball, but after much discussion with people who have done it, I apparently did not.

I was kinda hoping this one was...

And as you can see in the photo, the incubator issue is still somewhat prevalent although much less of an issue as before.


I have nubby tailed babies, but no kinks. The tails actually look like they folded over and fused to the base of the tail. It's rather interesting, and with a bit of surgery from a Cosmetic Vet (Do they even exist?), I'm sure they would look just fine!

Only these two, and I am willing to bet that it won't be an issue for their growth and development.


I'm not thrilled about it, but this is scads better than messed up eyes and kinked tails and junk.


So I got ALL Spotnoses, 1.1 being VPI Axanthic Spotnoses. I am pretty excited about that, seeing as how that will get me closer to the VPI Axanthic Powerball, and that these guys are my only VPI Axanthic visuals in the collection as of yet. 


The other Spotnoses are all males, and it's an interesting thing to note that the reduced pattern one is just so different from the others. I like it!

So there we have it.

Fun with a bit of sad mixed in. Bring it on, next season! We will hit on the VPI Axanthic Powerball... Just you wait!

Have a great day, my friends!

No comments: