Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Base Ball Python Morphs, favorites and those that are forgotten



What is your Favorite Base morph?

Mine? I really love most of them. I like to think that they all have great potential and are beautiful in their own right.

But to top the list are the Pieds, Albinos, Axanthics, Pinstripes, Spiders and Black Pastels. Pastels, Fires and Enchis are close seconds.

But wait, Heather.. those are a big group of them, they can't all be your favorites. Well, they kinda are, and they also ebb and flow as favorites. Ask me tomorrow what my favorites are, and the list will be different.

And there are those that are under appreciated, including Sables, Vanillas, Granites, and Genetic Bandeds (aka Tiger). Mostly dark morphs, or subtle morphs that do slight things to a combination.

Well, as a breeder, I have to appreciate them all. Base morphs are great things, and you have to love what they can do.



Lets see if I can list most of them.

Base Morphs:

Albino
Axanthic
Pied
Caramel
Ultramel
Clown
Ghost
Genetic Stripe
Lavender Albino
Tri-Stripe
Candy
Toffee

Pastel
Enchi
Fire
Pinstripe
Spider
Cinnamon
Black Pastel
Sable
Mojave
Lesser
Butter
Het Russo
Mocha
Calico
Sugar
Het Red Axanthic
Yellowbelly
Champagne
Chocolate
Special
Desert
Granite
Vanilla
Phantom
Mystic
Woma
Lori
Spotnose
Orange Dream
Whirlwind
Spector
Sulfur
Tiger




Yes, I am aware that this is not a complete list, considering there are new things that are proved out (or not) every year. I applaud those that take the time to dink and prove out new base morphs. I hope to do that soon as well, as I have a few dinkers up my sleeve.

And I did prove out my black back to be a Het Red Axanthic, so.. I'm on the right track!

Anyway, with all the new things happening in the Ball Python world, I'm sure my list will need to be updated soon enough. If you guys out there in Internet land can add anything, that would be great as well!

As much as I know about Ball Pythons, I don't know it all. Who does? There is so much out there that happens...

Have a great day, my friends. It's raining, and snake sex abounds. Breeding pics tomorrow for sure!

No comments: