Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Genetic Stripes and what they are all about..

I know I've been over this before, but I really like Genetic Stripes. They just have a great look to them, and even though they "kill" the pattern of a normal ball python.

And what has been done with them? Well, even the base morph has to many different looks to it, including the broken stripes and the blotched side patterns. I prefer solid stripes and solid sides myself.



At the show, I saw a few Genetic Stripes that caught my eye, including this one. This is a Pastel G-Stripe, and I have to say, I covet it.



There are a few other Genetic Stripe combos that have been done, such as the Cinnamon G-Stripe, the Pewter G-Stripe, the Ghost G-Stripe, the Albino G-Stripe, and a few more.

The Bells had a Yellowbelly Pastel G-Stripe at the show that was pretty interesting. (I didn't take a picture, and now I regret it)

I kinda wonder how the Pied G-Stripe will look...

Anyway, I am up for working with them for a long time, and I can't wait to see more of what it can do!



Have a great day, my friends.

2 comments:

Colin Weaver said...

I'm a huge G-stripe fan, too! I seem to recall seeing a pied g-stripe at Pete Kahl's place. It's as awesome as you'd expect it to be. The super pastel g-stripe has been made, too. With luck I'll produce those this year.

A lot of people seem to overlook the g-stripe morph. There is a huge amount to be done with it and I, for one, will be there making all of the combos.

Thanks, Heather.

Colin

Unknown said...

I never quite understood why people seem to overlook G-stripes so much.... I bet we'll start seeing lots more stripe combos, though, with their prices being a little lower nowadays.

I know someone has done the Axanthic Genetic Stripe, but I can't find pictures anymore.

I was originally just planning on doing VPI Axanthic G-Stripes and Red Axanthic G-Stripes, but I think maybe I'll do some co-dom crosses on the side (Lesser & Mojave, for starters). And way, way down the line, maybe Lavender Stripes and Lavender Snow Stripes.