Thursday, January 28, 2010

Pastel Lesser glory



Well, one of my favorite animals that I hatched out last year was completely unexpected. I got my Pastel Lesser male late in the season (around this time of year), and I put him into quarantine. After he was done and cleared, I put him in with a few females, one being one of my largest normal females. I didn't expect much, considering it was around March or April that he was introduced, but I did it anyway, just for shits and giggles.



A few months later, and my big normal girl lays eggs. This was one of my Mystery clutches of 2009, and I was waiting and watching. Two more months, and two BEAUTIFUL Pastel Lessers hatch out of the egg. One being my solid striped beauty that I am infinately proud of, and the other was this one, who is absolutely beautiful, but didn't get as much of the spotlight due to the complete striped sister.



So here she is, The Other... Maybe that will be her name.

I gave her the photographing session she deserved, and she ate it up! She even gave me a neener neener.

Hopefully, I will be getting more Pastel Lessers this year similar to the golden girls I hatched out this year. I am attempting to do Super Pastel Lessers as well. I really like the way they look, but I also want to see some Pastel Mojaves to compare them to. That is also part of the plan this season.

I'm excited to see what is in store for hatchings, if I could only settle on a few things that will hatch out... Oh well. At least we know I'll be doing Pastel Lessers.

HAH!

Have a fantastic day, my friends.

No comments: