Thursday, May 12, 2011

Damnit. Clutch #5


Well, it was bound to happen. I always expect bumps in the road, and this clutch is absolutely one of them.

I went in to check on the girls and saw this one curled up in egg protecting position (also called the beehive). But the problem was... I didn't see any pearly whites! This was not a good sign.

And of course, when I removed her... I was right.

Spider het TSK Axanthic 50% poss het Albino male that I hatched out a year ago with a TSK Axanthic poss het Albino female that has yet to be proven to carry the Albino trait.

This was the first year for the Spider male, so I was hoping he could do his magic. Apparently, he could, but it wasn't very strong... Or maybe they didn't have enough time together.

Either way, we got this disastrous clutch. This is disastrous mainly because there is only one chance for me to hatch out my Axanthic Spider, which is on my path to get the Axanthic bumblebee... So this makes me sad.


One good egg, four slugs. (One boob egg that is still a slug).

Ouch.

So of course, being the one to always try and see the positive in this, at least there is one good egg! Lets hope that it hatches!!! I can't wait to see what comes out of it.

Have a great day, my friends!

No comments: