Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Procrastination and Technical Difficulties

DAMN IT.

This is what I get for procrastinating...

I have a lot of photos on my memory card, and I save them until the card is full. Lots of awesome pictures, some of which I use on this blog, some of which I have for records, etc....

My camera lives in the snake room, with the exception of when it comes out to be used to download specific pictures.

Last night, while I was updating the Available page, I took lots of awesome pictures of animals that are for sale. I was very proud of myself that I was getting so much done, as I was clicking and uploading like a CHAMP.

I looked over some of the old photos and was pretty impressed with some of my work.

These were photos over the last three to four months... None of which I downloaded on to the computer yet, cause I was too busy at that point to think about it.

And in a FLASH, I removed the card from the computer to continue my work with the camera, and inserted it in.

I went to take some pictures...

"CARD READ ERROR"

Oh NO!

What does this mean?

So I take the card out, blow on it (because we all know that blowing on electronics is the only way to fix anything...), and reinsert it.

"NO PICTURES TO DISPLAY"

SON OF A BISCUIT!

All of my record photos, all of my cool pictures, even extra photos of my just recently deceased Killer Clown.. ALL GONE.

Do I feel like a tool?

Absolutely.

I am really upset with myself for not downloading when I had the chance.

But... Onward and upwards, right?

I just get to put in information on the incubator page without photos... and start from scratch with new photos as well for some clutches.

I'm upset, yes, but this is not the end of the world.

I'm going to have to take two times as many pictures now...

Have a great day, my friends.

No comments: