Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Friends in the Industry

I have to say, this Industry is great for meeting amazing people.

There are a great number of fantastic people that love snakes, love the customers, love the people...
I have made a bunch of friends over the years in the industry, breeders and customers alike.

It's always a bunch of fun at shows to see people that you know, and spend time talking shop over a weekend.

Talking shop is part of the fun of this hobby, and learning from other people about what they do and how they do it is a great tool that is easily accessible due to the internet. Obviously that is the reason you guys out there in internet-land read this blog, right?

Who made what, what does this combination look like, what are they thinking about combining, what new dinkers proved out, etc...

All great stuff to know, and with the amount of people out there willing to talk to you about things, it is a fantastic way to get "in the know" and make some life long friends.

The problem with this is, of course, with the good comes the bad.

I have been running into a few of those bad apples, and it is really hard to deal with sometimes. Rude customers who try to undercut my bottom line because so and so has it for $50 less, other breeders who are only in it for the money, and problem people who just rub me the wrong way.

I am usually very patient with things like this, because it happens often enough that I have a guard up, but when someone pokes often and hard enough, something has got to give.

But then, all I do is turn to a fellow breeder who I know has experienced the same thing firsthand, and we talk and laugh about it.

I love my friends. I love my customers. I love my blog readers.

You are all awesome.


Give yourselves a hug for me. Or maybe hug a snake instead..

Have a fantastic day, my friends!

No comments: