Wednesday, April 20, 2011

What is your goal?

I have been going in my snake room much more often these last few days, and I realize that I have some morphs in the collection that are there and I have no goal for them. I have no idea what I want to do with them, and I am really somewhat taken aback by it.

Of course, I rationalize getting an animal by saying all the things I CAN do with it breeding and genetics wise, but my goals to achieve are sometimes not there.

Pastel Calico
Perfect example... My Pastel Calico.

I got her pretty recently, within the last six to eight months. She is very cool looking, and I've always wanted a Calico in the collection. The problem is, I have NO IDEA what the heck I am going to put her to.

Sure, there are plenty of things I COULD do, but I don't have a "I gotta do this or else" kind of mentality with this gal. Which to be quite frank is the case with many of my females, but the time that I have before I have to decide is a factor that I greatly appreciate. In three years, I'm pretty sure I can figure something out...

I gotta get cracking on checking more on the forums and websites for more ideas... I had a few, and I still have a few, but not enough.

I still have my goal of the TSK Snows that have eluded my grasp for the past two years... And Snow Spiders, which are on the way (I hope). I am considering things with the Special stuff that I can do, a Pastel Crystal Pied sounds pretty good, don't it?

But other than those lofty aspirations, I have no idea.

Time for some inspiration!!!

Share with me what you guys plan on doing (I promise I won't steal your ideas if it's a brand new morph) so that I can use you all as my muse!

Have a fantastic day, my friends!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

calico enchi, then take it to a nice clown.. hey why not hook that g-stripe up with the pastel calico.. wonder what the calico gene would do all the way down the side brown side of the g-stripe then the pastel on top of that?? WOW
I truely believe the future of the ball python hobby is really depending on these recessive traits..meaning the one that has gotten the furthest with them will dominate the future.

Anonymous said...

anyone can hit on a dom or a codom.. now recessives.. well thats all out of our hands..hahaha.

Travis said...

I think either a pastel spotnose or anything albino would go well with the pastel calico. I personally would like to see a high white albino calico.

Jackie said...

I LOVE calico bumblebees. YUM. You got any bumblebees boys back there? Or better yet killer bbes or spinner bees? Do we know what calico blasts look like?