Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pastel Spotnose


I have been trying to get a good picture of a Pastel Spotnose for the collection, and so far there have been not many good opportunities. They (the two sisters from this year) tend to bite when the camera comes out, so this one was especially docile for about five minutes, so I took the opportunity while I could.

I have to say, Spotnoses and their combinations are really growing on me. I did not jump into the morph very quickly. I actually did it somewhat reluctantly, to be honest, due to a trade offer that I took up.

I ended up with 1.1 Spotnoses het VPI Axanthic a few years ago, and bred the male to a few of my females.

I bred him to a Pastel, and this female was one of the outcomes of that breeding. So yes, she is 50% possible het for VPI Axanthic. Extra bonus? Absolutely.


It has been a blessing to have these guys here, as making things "Pastel" seems to make things that much more outstanding! 

Just look at that head pattern. Spotted noses aren't really the best identifier of a Spotnose. The head pattern is. It is an odd patterned area on top of the head that is distinctive.

Gotta love it!


So there you go. I hope to have a significantly nicer photo for the collection page.

Until then, these will have to do.

Have a great day, my friends!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

pastel spotnoses are awesome! they get nicer and nicer as they grow, the sides get tons of white speckling almost like a calico!