Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Axanthic versus Not


My friend Alan on Facebook asked me to take some photos of Spiders that were Axanthic and not for a comparison shot.

So I did!

The real problem with this is although I took these photos, I still don't feel like I captured the true Grey of the Axanthic.

I used a flash just because my room only harbors flash photography or dark shadow photography, so I got this.


I feel like the Axanthic Spider was completely washed out in these photos.

I have yet to perfect my Axanthic and Leucistic Ball Python photo taking skills.


I am rather peeved with myself... I want to get better at it, and I need a better avenue than what I am doing right now.

But I took the pictures, and you can obviously see the difference.

It's tough with the whites and blacks because of the color balance. I am working on trying out new things to make it work better. Maybe a black background? I'm not sure yet.

Anyway, enjoy the photos, I'm off to try again later.

Have a great day, my friends!

1 comment:

finesse01 said...

Well.. try to take the snake in a complete dark room and turn the flash on and snap....this is how i get my best pitures try it and let me know how it turns out for you hope it help.