Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Writers Block

More often than not these days, I have been having writers block.

Mainly due to the fact that my life right now is a whirlwind, and that I have been going non-stop for a while...

What does this mean? It means that above and beyond snakes, I have my full time job, my classes, my wedding to prepare for, and various and sundry other little things in life that tend to take up my time.

There are days when I feel horrible for not getting back to an e-mail within 12 hours, but when I don't get home until after 14 hours... I kinda let it slide.

President's Day weekend was a nice one, a nice break from the constant run run run.

You wanna know what I did?

I slept.

I slept for more than 12 hours one day.

I felt like a complete slug when I got up, and of course didn't get to do half of the things I had planned for that day, but apparently that is what my body needed.

And now, back to the grind this week, I reflect on the things that I have not been doing as well as I would like on.

One thing being this blog.

I have been debating on whether or not to make it less frequent, change the tone, do something to make it more palatable for the reader, who I'm sure is not really that interested in my sleeping patterns over the last few days.

I've been slacking on breeding pictures like CRAZY this year.

Half the time I get home, and they have already unlocked, or are not doing anything interesting.

It's a shame, really. I know that is always a good thing to talk about, but right now, there is not much. Things are gearing up, Ovs are starting, and breeding is still going.

I feel the need to get in there and photograph, but half the time I do, there is nothing really worth it that I haven't already felt like I shared 193 times this month. Case in point, the Super Pastel Mojave above.

That is an awesome animal, but I'm pretty sure if we go back to the past month, there is at least one other blog with that same animal in a different pose.

A big deal? No, not really, but I like to spice things up.. I like to share new things, as bland can be boring.

It has also been interesting to see on the inter-webs how many new breeders there are out there, with all the excitement and willingness to share everything and all of their knowledge. Who am I to stifle that?

I have actually taken a backseat to a lot of the forums recently, partially due to time, and the other half being that there are a ton of people out there answering the same question. Does my addition need to be there?

It's a hard pill to swallow sometimes when your advice isn't taken over someone else.

Pride? Sure!

I admit to being proud. I admit to being human and making mistakes too.

We all do it, and in a time and place where we are inundated with information and images and new things, it's hard to separate the bad apples from the good eggs. (Yes, weird garbled food saying, I know).

So what does this all mean?

Well, I'm not quite sure.

I know I'm going to continue to do what I'm doing, I'm going to get up off my ass and get some photos done, I'm going to get more done and more rest as well.

Impossible?

Nah.


Some people out there gave me the nickname "Wonder Woman".

Can I live up to it?

I damned sure hope so.


Have a great day, my friends.


1 comment:

Jackie said...

That is an awesome Wonder Woman. You are an awesome Wonder Woman.

That is all.