Monday, February 6, 2012

Super Bowl Laziness

So yeah, it is the day after the Super Bowl, and I did too much other stuff and not enough snake stuff.

So what do I talk about?

How about them Giants?

I admit, I am not a Giants fan, I am a 49er fan, and since the Giants took the 49ers out of the Playoffs a few weeks ago, I was kind of bitter.

But, knowing that the Giants took it all in the end makes it rather bittersweet and palatable for me.

The 49ers lost to the team that took the Super Bowl.

I can handle that.

It doesn't make it too much easier, but it does make it a little less... painful.

The 49ers have always been my team.

I was born and grew up in San Francisco.

Here is me, a long time ago, at a game.
I am a die-hard 49er fan, but most people don't hear about it.

I don't tend to talk about Religion, Politics, or Sports, since everyone has an opinion about it, and it can tend to get a bit heated.

But of course, this is my blog, and hell, I love my team.

I am somewhat glad the Giants won, again. I have family in New York, and sure, I can root with them. They are an easier team to like than the Patriots, but that is coming from a bitter place as well. I can't tell you why I don't like the Patriots, I just don't.

And let me let you in on a little secret.

Joel is a Cowboys Fan.

Eeeewwww.

So every year, during Football Season, we are not friends.

I lie. We are. We are best friends, but not when the games are on..

I laugh at his teams misfortunes, and he refuses to touch my various 49er paraphernalia, including my big water cup. He won't touch it.

So with the weird dichotomy in our household during the Football season, I am kind of glad it's over.

Plus, next year should be a rocking year for the Niners.

WOOT!

Have a great day, my friends.

2 comments:

Chris R said...

Good for the Giants because I didn't want the Pats to win either. I was friends with an ex 49er from the 80's. He and I did some duck hunting together from time to time several years back. He lived in a little town just north of mine but passed away 3-4 years ago.
His name was Linville Elliott. If you watch the drive that concluded in "The Catch" by Clark from Montana, you'll see #35 out there. He played a big part in running the ball down the field that got them in position to make that play. Anyhow, thought you might like to know a little about one of your old 49er players.
As for me, I'm a Chiefs fan which hasn't been a lot of fun the last few years. :)

Unknown said...

LOL Chris. Thanks for sharing. I will have to read up a bit more on Mr. Elliott. I am not familiar with him.

And as for being a Chiefs fan, never give up! Look how long it took for the 49ers to get good again!