Thursday, February 2, 2012

Getting there

Gargoyle
It has been an interesting week already.  In the midst of doing all the normal things I do every day, work, class, home stuff, snake stuff, I have gotten into trying to do things early and often.

One of those things is the blog, and the other is photography and social media. Now, don't misunderstand me when I say getting to do Social Media early and often. I actually have been trying to stear clear of Facebook more often, as it tends to get under ones skin, but Pinterest, for the sake of my plannings and sharing with others, I have been trying to get more involved.

Queenbee in Shed

Pinterest, being that of both photography and social media, is an interesting place to be. You post up photos you like, and people comment and like them.  Since I have been trying to take more photos, I have been sharing things on Pinterest more so than before. (NOTE: I have not posted up the snakes anywhere but this blog)

Thus comes this quote I found on Facebook that I found amusing.


I pinned it up, and went on my merry way.

Within an hour, it went VIRAL on Pinterest.

I got so many likes, pins and comments my head started to hurt. I think the count right now is around 14,000, which for any of my other photos on my board, is HUGE.

Why am I bringing this up?

Well, I got some HATEFUL comments about this.


"This is idiotic and otherwise known as an "Excuse To Be A Heinous Bitch"

"attitude is a selfless choice that you make to serve others whether they deserve your wrath or not, When you act with grace despite them your attitude becomes your character which in turn reflects your personality and who you are. Its sad that so many people like this quote...."

"This is such a bunch of crap. If you are allowing your attitude to be affected by others then your personality is pathetic. You can change your personality and should be in control of your own attitude!!!"

WOW! I was floored. Seriously.

While I understand where they are coming from, I interpreted it in a way more open minded way, and found it to be a positive spin on something that could be often misconstrued. How often is it that there is that one person that just drives you nuts, and you knowingly are just more trite with that person? THAT is the type of understanding I got when reading this... 

But apparently it was blown out of the water in terms of establishing an opinion on it.

I am still shocked at how passionate some people are about this saying.

So I present it to you, my blog friends.

How do you interpret it?

I want to hear from people that I know more so than those random faces on Pinterest. I want to know what you think.

And of course, with a sprinkling of pretty snakes to boot.

I will still post to Pinterest, and so far have done so with other quote photos right after the photo quote above, and they were received with much less viral tenacity.

It's interesting how that works...

So with that, I bid you a good day, my friends.

Think on it, comment on it.

It's interesting to think about.

Have a great day!
Mojave Spider

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha the quote is too funny.... the reactons you have gotten is worthy of the idiots that sent them..lol

Eventide said...

First of all, I'd like to say sorry for losing Kona and the Enchi girl. I didn't get to say it earlier. :-[

As for the quote.... While the quote is true for everyone in terms of how we treat people, it shouldn't be. We should all treat everyone else--no matter what they've done/said to us--with respect and kindness. This is something that has been almost completely lost in our society (and many others). Revenge is never the right choice, even if it's just being more "trite" with the person who drives one nuts. And yes, even something as seemingly trivial as that is technically revenge. "You drive me nuts, so I'm going to treat you a little worse than I do others."

Now, I'm not saying I'm some kind of perfect person who never does this--not the least in the world! I opened that paragraph with the acknowledgement that everyone treats people differently depending on how they're treated. I have a lot of problems with this, too. I'm just saying that's not how it should be.