Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My Secret for Photography?

HAPPY LEAP YEAR DAY!!!

I have been doing this a while, and people always ask me how I get such good pictures. Well... It's really a matter of my trying things until it worked.

I shoot with my Panasonic DMC-FZ7, which is already a million years old by now in electronic years...

I shoot with the Simple Mode (the heart) and the flash.
But what really sets me apart?

My whiteboard.


Yeah, that's it right there. Big enough to take most of the largest critters without seeing the border.

It never gets to be the centerpiece of the photo, but it sure does a good job.

And as you can see, I have fluorescent lights in the room.  So I have figured out a way (most of the time) to avoid getting the light reflection in the photo.

The other big secret?

Using the flash.

Here we have a Mojave Pied that I took a photo of with the flash.


And here we have the same animal with out the flash.

I have been trying to figure out a good midway point between both colors, but I have yet to figure it out.

Especially with the white animals, flash is a burden. It takes the color and brightens the whites, but also overexposes the other colors on the animal. It's rather annoying and I am still trying to figure it out. 

Again we have no flash...

And flash..
I don't like the way the shadows work, but I don't have any better way to figure it out yet.

I do not do anything to the photos either.

It's just snap, crop if I need to, and post it up. That's how I roll.

So there you go.

I hope that helps, and eventually when I have a bit more free time, I will get back on the "try to get better pictures" bandwagon.

But right now, I've fallen off.

And that's alright with me.

Have a great day, my friends.

No comments: