Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Interesting how this is going.....

Like I said in the previous days, I have just been waiting for action, and I have been getting it in piles in the past few days.

Here is Amadi's clutch, laid on the 7th, to a Pastel.

9 viable eggs... I've never had such a large clutch of viable eggs. I've had that many with some slugs thrown in, and a 12 slug clutch a couple of years back...

I'm pleased!



Here she is, being a good Mama.



She was a rescue back in the day.

I took her in from a boy who couldn't/didn't take care of her. She was around 2 years old, and she was only 800 grams. The guy only fed her one mouse once a month.

Long story short, he told me.. "she bites". I didn't believe him.

We were outside talking about other stuff, and what else was going on, while I was holding her in my hand. A couple seconds go by, and she bites my hand and wraps around my wrist like she was trying to eat me. It took 5 minutes to get her off of my hand.

As soon as we left, I went to my local pet store and bought a small rat. Within a minute, she was eating it.

She was starved back then, but look at her now!!!

Happy ending.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well since BP.net is down i figured i would come say hi. nice looking clutch, cant wait to see babiessss

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you could save her. She's gorgeous and she looks totally healthy. Thank you for helping out. We need more people like you in the world. ;)