Friday, December 5, 2008

It's my Snake in a Box

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

I just have to take the time out and hope that you guys understand the reference to the title.

One clue: Justin Timberlake, SNL.

HILARIOUS. (Is it sad that I laugh at my own jokes??)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyway, I was asked by a reader and new friend to share a bit about my racks with everyone.

I have run the gamut of rack types. I hate to endorse only one, so I'm going to share with you all the ones I have that are still available to you, and let you see which ones you like.

This photo features two different types of racks, actually.



The one on the left is Jason's Jungle. It is well made, solid construction, and this particular line can go from 15qt tubs to 32 qt tubs easily. Heat tape in the back.

The one on the right is Boaphile. It is well made, albeit less solid (Plastic is thinner, and I have had it for a while, so is sagging a tiny bit), and can also go from 15qt to 32 qt. What I like about this one is that there is a divider in the middle of the 15qters, so that the snakes can't see each other. Looks more organized that way, which is something Jason's Jungle doesn't offer.

Both of them are stackable, and Jason's Jungle, you just put them on top and can easily push them off. Boaphile offers a little more sturdy construction, as there are small metal prongs to hold the two together if stacking.



These are the Visions. They are a company local to me, so I bought them, but I have to say, I have an issue with humidity in these. Easy to put together, a bit wobbly for my taste, but it works. Belly heat heat cord is needed, and you put it in yourself to your liking. They are on casters, so you can move them around easily (VERY NICE WHEN MOVING).



This is the OLD Animal Plastics. I like them, but have not bought any recently. Heat cord recessed inside, belly heat. Again, 15qt to 32qt, with no dividers. I can't say they are like that anymore, as they have appeared in the last few years to have updated their models.



Boaphile Baby rack.. Love this thing. Belly heat, cool little nobs, the tubs are special order though, so... a little more difficult to replace and thinner, so cracks easily, but still pretty cool.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's it for now, actually. I realize that it doesn't look spotless, and I apologize for that. Those buggers dirty things up in a second!! Spilling water bowls is now a pet peeve of mine, and they do it often.

I hope this helps any of you in the market for a new rack. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I'd love to share with you more if you have any specific questions.

Have a GREAT weekend!!!

No comments: