Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Growing up

Well, since I have had a few animals that I did this for last year, I decided to do a few this year as well while waiting for something exciting to happen in the snake room.

I have several 08's that I took pictures with the 09's that I hatched out this year. This will show you the contrast in growth in a year for some of the morphs that do tend to change over time.

I know a lot of you out there love Enchis, and this is a great photo to show the differences within a year.

Enchis hatch out very bright and orange, but mellow out into a nice golden yellow on the sides with age. The black browns turn into a nice purpley brown on the tops of the animal.


Now I know there are people out there that do not agree that TSK line of Axanthics are awesome, but...
I love mine. I do intend to get VPI line one of these days to compare, but until that time, I'll be showing the comparison of my best Axanthics from years past with the current ones.

Can you tell the color difference? Yeah.. not all of them brown out.


I have to say, I'm rather proud of this pic.
A 08' TSK Axanthic and an 09' of the same line, looking almost identical in shade. Proof that they can be and are pretty awesome morph lines.

I love these pics, as it reminds me of the time that I spend growing up these animals, as well as the changes that they display over time. Kinda like taking photos of babies and looking back as a reminder, I intend to do so as well with my snakes. And here is a blog for it!

Have a great day, my friends.

No comments: