Monday, March 14, 2011

Blue Balls?

AHAHAHAHAHAH!

(I'm sorry, Mom...)

Yes, I caught the bluest Ball Python I have ever had the chance to see.


This is my Hypo poss het Pied male, who is in the blue. Hypos or Ghosts get VERY blue when they are "in blue" which as we well know is the pre-shed indicative state of ecdysis. So in a few days, we should see this guy nice and shiny with new skin. He is still trying to breed his one and only girlfriend this season, the Pied poss het Hypo female. Let's hope they both prove out, yes?

This particular female has five to six follicles the size of gumballs, so we should be seeing something come up real soon in terms of ovulation. I hope to catch it on camera! 

Anyway, I went out of my way to take some pictures for you guys this week, because as I recall, I had not put up any photos at all last week.

How shameful.

Anyway, here we go.


This photo is a photo with flash of my Pastel Super Mojave.
The one below it is without flash. I have yet to perfect the White Snake Photo syndrome, but I wanted to take these photos to show you the yellow overtones of her back and neck, as well as her faded head. 
She's getting big, and I can't wait to have the opportunity to decide what the heck I want to put her with!



And of course, the infamous Black Pastel Lesser that was mistaken for a Pewter back in the day. Yeah.. I won't let myself live that one down.

 

I am always so proud to show off my G-Stripes.
This gal is actually one that I acquired from another breeder, and compared to the line of G-Stripes that I work with, she is darker. But I can't complain, cause she has the complete stripe that I love, so I am glad to have her in the arsenal. 


Black Pastel? Why yes, thank you. 
This girl is Het for Hypo, so she may be paired up with that Blue Guy up above. We shall see.


And last but not least, my Pinstripe poss het Hypo. She may go with that Blue guy too. We shall see if he proves out to be Het Pied (as she is as well), and then we will make decisions based on that. 
This season should be a determining factor in a few pairings. That is always fun!

So there we go. More pictures to come, more animals to share, more stuff in general. No slacking this week.

Have a great day, my friends.

No comments: