Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Getting prepped

The season is nearing fruition within a month or two and I am getting ready.

This weekend between studying and papers, I got some help getting the incubators out of storage. Not all of them, mind you. Just the two big honker-tonkers that I use (Big Apple Herp) for now.

I would love to have something larger, maybe even a dedicated closet like I know some people have in their houses, but since we don't have that in our capacities right now, I get to wheel out the incubators every season.

Its kind of a ritual of sorts, and I have to say, it makes the season feel "real".

No, I don't have eggs yet, but hey, in a few weeks, I may! And these bad boys will be humming and ready for action.


Here is one of them, kinda. Not running, nothing in it, but getting ready for it!

Of course, when I get around to plugging them in and getting ready for eggs in a few weeks, I will be touching on how to prep an egg tub, as well as what to do in situations of breeding problems, which I'm sure will come up as it always does in every season.

I anticipate my first clutch coming at the end of this month, so we shall be rocking and rolling soon!

Until then, I will be taking pictures of babies and going back to suggestions about what to write about over the next few weeks.

And do homework.

Yeah.

I'm afraid that when I get into my Master's program, I may have to cut back on the blog, but we will cross that bridge when we get to it, eh?

Have a fantastic day, my friends!

No comments: