Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Axanthic Spiders post-shed

 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SMOJ!!!

I really am lucky with this project to have hatched out two Axanthic Spider females. I really didn't expect it to be the case. Like many things this year, it came as a surprise, and I have to say, this one was a pleasant one.

We are one step closer to doing the two projects I set out to do with this group. Snow Spiders and Axanthic Killerbees.

Of course, one of the females is het Snow, and the other is not. Thank goodness for photo genetic evidence, although these girls don't look that similar if you really know what you are looking for. The higher white one is not Het for Snow, and the other one is. The other one is also spottier, so that is also a good indicator.

I have to say, I am blessed in this project, as I tend to always get a TON of Spiders in clutches I have. (Note the Firefly x Spider clutch earlier this year?) This project is no exception. Let the Spider trend continue.

I need to perfect my photos again. Some of them are getting... shoddy.

More practice. Any suggestions on what photos to take?


Have a great day, my friends!

No comments: