Thursday, January 12, 2012

Black Magic.... or More?

I admit it. 

I am horrible at remembering some of these names of the combo morphs. 

Some of them are pretty simple (Bumblebee, Pastave, etc..), but some of them I can't remember for the life of me which morph it involves. 

Perfect example is the Black Magic.

The Black Magic is apparently a Black Pastel Mojave, which I produced for the first time here this year, 2011. 

The Savannah is a Cinnamon Mojave, which I also produced for the first time here this year.

Hey look! A Savannah and a Black Magic
So yes, I produced both this year, and I have to say, they are interesting! In the photo above, the Savannah is on top, and the Black Magic is below. How can you tell? Well, I know I did a blog on this a few months back.

The Savannah has a lighter overall coloration, with a less dramatic color from spine to stomach. It also has a lighter head. In the more dramatic Savannahs, the blushing is very intense and the pattern is pushed almost halfway up the body.

The Black Magics are all very dark (of course), with a dark head and deep gold tones, deeper than the Savannahs. The pattern is not dissipated as it does with some Savannahs.

The photos hopefully show the overall tonal differences between the two.

Now, here is the question I have...

What do you call a Black Pastel Lesser?

Apparently there is no fancy name for it...


I produced this girl last year, 2010, on accident in a Mystery Clutch. At first I thought she was a Pewter. YAY for learning....


Anyway, she looked like this as a baby. Completely different shade of color, head was VERY Black Pastel like (but brighter), and an overall silvery body coloration, similar to that of a Pewter. 


And now, not so much. You can tell she is not a Pewter. 
She is my favorite mistake from 2010, and I am trying to figure out what I can do to make something amazing out of her. I'm sure it'll be pretty easy, considering how cool she looks.

Here I go, off to daydream and plan.

Have a great day, my friends.

No comments: