Monday, January 23, 2012

Happy Year of the Dragon!


So today is the Lunar New Year, and it brings with it the year of the Dragon. It is the year of the Water Dragon, which means several things. 


"The Year of the Water Dragon (1992, 1952 and 2012) is noted for its calm, visionary intelligence, and balance of right brain creativity with left brain logic."

"This is a year when people who are extroverted and outgoing will feel in their own element. People who are timid or introverted may have a harder time keeping pace with the year.


And of course, we started the New Year with some new critters! Of course, the White Gold clutch wasn't too shabby, but I also picked up a new Calico female to add to the harem. I don't have many Calicos, and this is my attempt at beefing up the white sided critters.

Joel seems to think the Calico gene is "lame", so I kinda kept away from them for a while, but with this girl, I am pleased. Next acquisition of Calico/Sugar will be a combination male, but until that happens, I'm going to keep things simple. This is the last gal until then. (We shall see if this is true, but at this point, I am serious)


And here we have the lowest white Mojave Pied that I hatched out. I really like how he turned out! The gold really is pretty! Apparently the lower white Mojave Pieds are more valuable. Isn't that interesting how that changes depending on the morph type?

Anyway, enjoy the New Year! I shall be in new clothes and eating something sweet this morning. Bringing in the New Year right...

Have a great day, my friends!

The Dragon is the only one of the 12 animals of the Chinese Horoscope that is mythical. This indicates a connection with the transmuting power of Heaven, hence this is a year when we may be able to achieve what seemed impossible before.

A warning in the Year of the Dragon is to manage energy wisely, so you don't get exhausted. This may be hard to do in a year of abundant good energy, because it may seem unlimited. 

Contrary to some popular rumors that have been circulating in the past few years about predictions, there is nothing in Chinese Astrology that indicates that the year 2012 is the "end of times." 

Dragon years are expected to be full of benevolence and grace, especially a Water Dragon Year."

So the bottom line? This should be a good year! I know I'm excited about it, for all of the new things that are changing in my life. Bring it on, New Year! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gung Hay Fat Choy Mouse!

Anonymous said...

i disagree with joel, calico pastels are beautiful! there are many calico combos that really nice and some basic high white/med white calicos are nice contrast too

Unknown said...

I agree with you, Anonymous. That's why I have a few... But acquisition of more has been on hold, for now.