Thursday, July 12, 2012

Cleaning

Thing I've learned over the last few weeks?

The more stuff you have, the more stuff you have to clean.

And yes, I have been cleaning like crazy over the last few weeks. I promised myself I would make everything spic and span, and I haven't gotten there yet.

I am about 1/3rd of the way there.

That's a huge accomplishment for me doing this by myself, considering the 300+ animals I have.

Slow going, yes... but at least they are clean to my own exacting standards.

Plus, it doesn't help that I work full time and can only get to cleaning after I get home from work.

This isn't too bad though. I hit about a rack a day completely overhauling clean and switch out substrate, and spot clean the babies. Makes for a decent amount of work in a few hours.

And of course, Sani-chips get everywhere, so I of course have to break out the shop-vac every hour or so to make sure they don't fly everywhere.

Yes... It is a lot of work, but a passion of love. Once I am done, I will be so happy and relieved!!!

But, as it stands, I am not.

That's alright. I hope to complete it this weekend, although I'm going out of town on a business trip...

Back to the snake grind when I get back.

Which also means I will not be blogging tomorrow, as I will be away...

I'm sure that comes as no surprise, and that you are all used to me disappearing now and then.

Monday will come and I hope to report that I will be done and have fun pictures and hatching reports to share!

Have a great day and weekend, my friends!

No comments: