Thursday, April 8, 2010

Fun with Ball Pythons!


So yesterday I did a talk on Ball Pythons at the local Herpetological society. It was a lot of fun, and I wanted to share some photos with you about what I did.


We brought around Ten animals, and assumed that there were people out there that knew about Ball Pythons, but were not familiar with the intricacies of care and husbandry, much less morphs and genetics.

Clean slates, so to speak.

I brought my biggest gal, who is around 20 years old, as well as a few others. Lewie helped me show her off. 


She was a big hit. Lots of people didn't realize they got that big.


All the while, I am powerpointing about the basics of care...And morphs and genetics. Ooooh, pretty slide! (Hey, look! It's Heather!)






Here I am again, in a blurry shot taken by Joel, apparently. He's fired from photography next lesson I give. He says its because he needed a better camera to work with... 
It's the same one I use to take good pics of snakes, dangit. 
Harumph.

But I was talking about the comparison between the Pastels and Supers and other combinations they can make.



Hey Look, It's Heather again, in a not blurry shot. Apparently I was making funny faces... Holding the Pastel and a Super together. Can you see it better this time?




And some of my audience.


More of my audience.


It was a bunch of fun, and an honor to speak in front of so many excited herpetology enthusiasts.

Many had not seen morphs of Ball Pythons before, so it was a lot of fun to get things out and show people.

So this is one of two talks I will be giving this month, and the other I will have a few more weeks to prep my powerpoint to better suit all of the questions I got this time around.

Everytime, it gets better!

I had fun with it, and if you were there, thank you so much for your time. I had a blast.

Have a fantastic day, my friends.

No comments: