Thursday, April 1, 2010

Random Ramblings from an Impatient Breeder

I am getting tired of waiting for eggs.

Now, this is only based on the fact that I frequent many Ball Python forums, and I keep seeing people with eggs.

Lots of eggs.

And it always seems like Southern California is the last group to get eggs and breedings, as the temperatures here are more moderate, and winters are very mild.

I have to say that I don't regret living in Southern California, but I would love to get eggs sooner.

I am impatient for something to happen, and I worry that you, my loyal blog readers, are getting tired of my random ramblings about random animals and events instead of the real deal in terms of what is going on breeding here at Heather's Herps.

I've been watching and waiting for something more exciting to happen, but so far, its been a lot of Ovulations and no real eggs.

This means, of course, that the end of April will be very active, but until then.... I am not sure what we are going to do!


Fluffy is an entertaining source, but I fed her crickets, and got completely creeped out.

So yeah...


Eeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

So until I get eggs, I would love to hear some suggestions in terms of things I can approach in the blog over the next few weeks.

Have a great day, my friend!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel your pain.... I thought I'd get eggs two weeks ago...but she's holding out on me. It's Day 41 after her pre-lay shed. (I think she's doing this on purpose, the goofball. At least, that's what I keep telling myself in order to keep from worrying that something is wrong.)

Actually, that might be a good topic: how to tell if a female is egg-bound. Um, let's see, what else.... Basic incubator design, maybe.... If I think of anything else, I'll comment.

Jackie M. said...

JACK. I demand MORE JACK.