Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Locks and Fat Girls


Well, it is another week, and another not having eggs. But I do still have locks and ovulations and buildings, so hopefully in the next few weeks I can say I have eggs. And when that happens, life will be good (not that it isn't already, but the ants in my pants will be gone).

I am giving the boys a break today, but most of them are not interested in taking a break at all. I have some studs in my collection, and I have to say, I am pleased!

Especially the ones that take way too long to get into gear, but finally pull thru.

Ahem, Spotty...


But I can't be mad. I am getting eggs eventually, which is excellent.

These gals will be giving them to me soon enough.


They are nesting, and getting fat and testy. Gotta love the pissed off snakes.


This gal wasn't too happy either, as I was cleaning. But I did not get bit today, which is great as well. I have not been bitten in a while! I think I'm cursing myself to get bit soon, but oh well.


I am actually going to be speaking today at a local Los Angeles Chapter of the Southwestern Herpetologists Society meeting about Ball Pythons and Husbandry again, so tomorrow's blog should be a lot of fun!

If you are interested in attending, it will be at the East Valley Animal Services facility in Van Nuys at 7:30. The address is 14409 Vanowen St, Van Nuys, CA

This month I'm actually speaking twice, once tomorrow and another during the last weekend of the month for another Herpetological Society.

WOOHOOO!!!

Gotta love spreading the love about BPs to the masses. I'm excited, and I'm sure I'll have plenty of pictures and stories to share.


Have a fantastic day, my friends.

1 comment:

Jackie M. said...

Spotty really is such an incredible animal. Do you have pics of his parents? It's hard to imagine a pastel awesome enough to make such a pale bee.