Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Beauty of Life

I have to say, I realize a lot has been going on this week regarding issues within the industry, and that I am mainly approaching the problems.

So, in an effort to make things even and equal, I wanted to bring up one of the best aspects of breeding reptiles, or procreating anything at that matter.

The beauty of LIFE.



You can call yourself a Genetic Engineer of sorts...

You pick and choose who breeds to whom to make a "better" or "more beautiful" animal.
You see the results, and do it again.

You get to be one of the first people to see this new life come out of the egg!

And the greatest part about Ball Pythons, and the reason I do what I do, is that they have so many variations within the species it is INCREDIBLE!

We as an industry have already managed to hit on quad co-doms, combinations of recessives and co-dominants, and there is more and more to be done! We have found so many different morphs within dinkers, with more to be found and more to be done!

I have to say, when I think about it in this way, I am always in awe of the coolness of what I do.

Living Art!

I feel like what I have managed to accomplish over the years has gotten me to a good place, and although I will still have goals for the animals I have, I am actually pleased with what I have and what I can do.

Living Art, with plenty of paint jobs to make more!

I hope this reinvigorates you in terms of reptiles in general, and the coolness factor. It totally overshadows the little problems that can happen.

No comments: