Monday, November 9, 2009

Pasadena Show Recap


The show is over, and I am exhausted. A whole weekend working behind a table doesn't sound like its tough, but honestly, even with help, it is a big to do!

You have to go in early, set up, put the animals in place, make the table pretty, setup your banner, and sit there for 8 hours talking to people, then break down, come back early the next morning and do it all again. And breaking down after everything is done?? WHEW!!! Packing up is a tough one too...


But in all honesty, it is a great experience, and I really enjoy it. It also allows me to meet new people, see old friends, get new animals, sell some to new people. Its great!

I want to extend a hug to the people that stopped by this weekend and introduced themselves as blog readers. I am really glad that what I do day to day is read by such awesome people!!!


Did you know that Joel was in charge this weekend?

HAH! He just thought he was... He even had to wear his "El Jefe" shirt to make himself feel better. (Translation: The Boss)

I bought him that shirt a year or so ago, so its kinda my own fault. It was cute though. He had fun too.


We had a great time the children wanting to hold the animals again too. This little guy was a little nervous, but he had a lot of fun!

Anyway, I didn't get around much to take photos, so Lewie was the one to take these, but I did see a lot. I got to walk around and enjoy the show with the help I had, and I had a great time seeing some new things. Here are a few cool shots.


Here is a Paradox Albino, and I really like them when they look like this! I have seen a few in person, but never this Paradoxical. I thought it was really cool looking.


And my Super Mojave's head. He was sold at the show, but he was a great photo op, apparently. I really like this picture.

Leachies!!!

These guys are HUGE and really cool looking. I think if I were to have a BIG gecko, I would want these guys.


Maybe next year or when we have an empty tank... Maybe.

And of course, the beloved Beardie. I love the facial expressions of Beardies. They always look tired when they stare at you. I used to have a few back in the day, and I really did love their personalities. Maybe I'll get a pet again.



So overall, a great show for a newer and smaller show. I had fun, I met a lot of new people, and am now really going to focus on the breeding plans today while I clean the snake room. Snake room after the show is like a tornado went thru the room. I've got my work cut out for me...

Have a great day, my friends!

No comments: