Friday, July 9, 2010

Axanthics out!


A few are out!

YAY!!

I love love love Axanthics when they come out of the egg. They just look so unreal, its awesome.

There is one more in the egg as I type this, so hopefully we have the whole group out and a photo for everyone on Monday.

This group is 1.4.1, which means one male, and four females, with one more in the egg. ALL are 50% possible het Albino.  More critters for the Snow project? Maybe... for someone else!


Unfortunately, you can see a bit of umbilicus still sticking out of the female on the left.

I want to touch on this, as this particular animal was overly excited to get out of the egg, and came out like that. This amount of umbilicus is fine, and will dry up and fall off within the next few days. You don't need to do anything for the animal other than watch it to make sure nothing ruptures, as there is still blood flowing thru it.

To make sure the umbilicus doesn't get stuck on anything, I wet the papertowel that they lay on to make sure it stays moist. And it gets absorbed within a day or so at that size.

Yes, it happens often enough that this is not the first, nor will it be the last time I see this. And neither will you, prospective breeder out there in internet land. Live and learn.

Have a fantastic weekend, my friends. I know I will!

No comments: