Friday, October 16, 2009

Rambling

Its Friday, and I have no idea what I am focusing on today as a result of blogging.

I need to get my head back into the game, but since going off to Tinley, a lot of things are now new and different.

Who would have thought that meeting so many other breeders would result in a complete change in plans?

Cause it has...

Well, not complete, but things are changing, and I am re-evaluating things as we speak.

You see an awesome morph that you would never have thought of, and now you have to change your plans to adjust for it.

Now I can't say that I know what exactly I want to do for sure.. That Caramel Clown blew me away, but I don't have a Clown to work with. Part of it is "Dang, I wish I could manage to do that" and the subsequent want and need factor that usually doesn't end up with much. Maybe next year, or the year after...

And the people themselves. How do you really know a person?? Years of speaking to them on the internet, or meeting them for the first time for a few hours?

Lots of things happen in a weekend, people talk, people argue, animals exchange hands. It's a glorious wonderment that most people don't see.. Especially those on the internet.

I have to say, I am a little taken aback. I've been doing this long enough to know that things are not what they seem, but in person? Even more fascinating!

But now I need to go sit in the snake room again and see who should be with whom, to the betterment of the projects I intend to work in.

Tinley has changed my focus, and now I need to focus on my focus.

I need all the luck I can get.. ARGH.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hmm, that's really interesting. I've only been to the Tucson Reptile Show the past few years--no others, unfortunately. Though I only talked at length to one breeder, it was great speaking with them.

I can kind of see how discussing BPs with many breeders could completely change one's focus. It's one thing to see the morphs and talk to people online; it's another to see the possibilities first-hand and the breeders' excitement and future plans.

Meh, I'd say don't worry if your plans are now kind of up in the air. They'll fall in a pattern at some point. :-]