Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A Very Special Blog

Well, here we go, my friends.

I have a feeling this will be a blog that a lot of people will refer to, so I will try and do the Specials the justice they deserve, as I know everyone wants to know what makes a Special so special, right?

And maybe, just maybe, you have one sitting in your dinker group over there.

Well, here it is.

Let us begin with just a Normal and a Special. Its pretty obvious there is a significant difference. As I explained before, the Special has a very light overtone, with lots of blushing and flames. They also have slight granitey pattern, not unlike the Het Reds.



Unshed Special, Shed Special, and Normal. They are very different from normals, but not unlike some of the morphs out there that are hard to identify.



They have been mistaken for Vanillas, Het Russos, and sometimes even a Fire... I can see why, if you don't have something to compare it to. They are a "lightening up morph", by that I mean it lightens up any morph you put with it, especially the Leucistic makers.



So, I took a photo with a Fire next to it. Can you tell the difference? Fires are actually TOO bright to be Specials, but are very similar in tone.



I wish I had a Vanilla or a Het Russo to put next to the Special to take photos for you all, but I don't. But I think the point has been made that they are distinguishable, but only slightly. I hope those of you that are trying to find your own specials now feel better about what you are looking for.

As for my adult female, I do not plan on posting photos of her at this time, so please don't ask.

I hope you learned something, and I hope this helps you in the quest for your own Crystals.

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting about these! I was completely clueless about how to identify Specials! They're rather pretty on their own, too, aren't they?

Anonymous said...

How much (approximately) would you sell a baby special for?

Cornerstone Reptiles said...

Thanks for the pics and info Heather. Very good stuff!