Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Tinley #2

Well, I am much more refreshed and awake than yesterday writing the blog, so I will be hopefully more interesting while commenting on my crappy pics.

I have to say, for travelling to see some friends, I had a hell of a time! It was great meeting people I have been talking to for years online, and now I can put faces to names.

But it is nice to get back and see my little collection in comparison to all the awesome animals and think about what I can do next...



So on the first night, I went to White Castle. Why does this matter? Well, here in California, they don't exist. So... We went to try it. I have had it before, but a long time ago, and I have to say, I wasn't impressed. Maybe it was just that particular restaurant? I would not go back to it, that's for sure.

Maybe I'll give it another try next year...

Anyway, went to go hang out with friends, blah blah blah.

Saturday comes along, and YEAH! The real stuff happens.

I really like Black Heads.. I wish I could have one, but they are on the bigger side. I may eventually cave, but for now, I'll just take pictures.



And a project I have been wondering about, so I found it and took some major pics. I LOVE this thing, and I have to thank the man, the myth, the legend, Big Gunns, for producing it. It was fun, Neil.

Anyway, here it is. It doesn't look like much now, but when it gets older, it will get darker and darker in the white areas.



And right next to the Candy is the Lavendar and the Pastel Lavendar. Yes, they all look similar, but give them time to grow into themselves, and you will absolutely be able to tell them apart. I'm ashamed of my crappy pics while trying to explain this to you all, but.. such is life.



Pete let me take these out for photos. This is the Pastel Lavendar next to a Candy. The Pastel Lavendar is on the left, and the Candy on the right. Can you see the color differences already? I was going to do Lavendar next to Candy, but the Lavendar on the table was in shed.



And here is one of my other new favorites from the show. This is the Tiger. The Tiger is a Desert Enchi. It is smoking hot, and I am now going to hoard all of my Enchis to produce one of these gems.



This picture is for Becky at WFreptiles. She and I have talked about the Lesser Pied being a solid white snake... Well, apparently, it doesn't always happen like that! I didn't know, but they do get spots some places, but the head and body is normally solid white. The spots are the same deep golden shade as what the White Gold (Mojave Pied) happens to make. It was very interesting to see!



This is the Super Pastel Puzzle Ball. Exotics by Nature produced it. I really like it, but Sean and I didn't get a chance to talk about it much, so I didn't get much information on the genetics of it. I'll have to dig around and see what I can find.



And another one of my favorites.. The Coral Glow Spinner. Brad Boa better watch his back, cause I'm coming to get this one! WOW is all I can say...



And what most people seemed to be talking about.. Here is the Caramel Clown. Brian Sharp had it on his table, and it was really very nice. Once I get my Clown project solid, I think I may have to take a whack at this one.



There is still more to come, and I think tomorrow will be the last of the segment. I hope you all enjoyed the pics, and have a great week!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great pictures Heather!! I am just wondering why the acrylic cage in the top picture is $750 and would a ball python enjoy being in such a container. Thanks, Jake

Jackie M. said...

What the heck goes into a Candy ball ????