Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Awwwww yeah

Well, I did some cleaning, did some rodent care, and then... did some pairing.

It's been nice and cold, and there has been a storm coming thru the area.

So, after cleaning up, and after feeding day a few days ago, I decided to put the males in and see what would happen.

I am having a hell of a time getting the main locks that I want done, but here are a few males that liked the girls they were in with.

The Albino to the Het



The Pastel Orange Ghost to the Het Albino poss het Ghost



And the Lemon Blast to Normal



All the other boys were confused or not doing anything.

Someone had mentioned breeding on Sanichips..

Well, here's what I do to prevent any hemipene infections or impactions with Sanichips.

I pop all the males after they are done locking, or when time is up.

Do I see Sanichips in the penes? Yes, I do. And they can cause some damage. I have yet to have that problem, but... I've heard stories of males needing surgery to remove infected penes.

Be careful when you do it, if you do it.

Make sure to clear the penes.

4 comments:

Colin Weaver said...

I had a male get a hemipene infection from a stuck piece of cypress mulch last season. Six months, 2 surgery's and almost $1,200 later he was back from the vet. Do this long enough and you're likely to get your turn. It really sucks for you and the animal.

Unknown said...

Oh, geez! I wasn't aware of this issue! I house/breed on Sani-Chips.... Thank you for letting us know about this possible problem!

And congrats on getting a few more males to lock up. :D

Brandi said...

congrats on those lock ups! share the love dang it.. lol all my girls seem interested, but the boys are scared. LOL

Anonymous said...

Awesome locks! Did you get the Mac or PC?