Monday, December 21, 2009

Snow Day and Oldies but Goodies

I have to say, one of the coolest things about Winter in Southern California is that we get to drive out to Snow, but not live in it.



We can go from 70 degree weather up to Snow in about two hours.

I love it.

So this weekend, we took a trip up to spend some time in a really cool area called Big Bear. We had a cabin rented by some family members, and got to spend some time enjoying the snow.



We drove up, enjoyed the time and pulled over for some pretty shots of the mountain before we got there. I know this isn't snow to some people, but.. hey, it's enough for us!

Joel enjoyed the view.



And a pair of lovers were taking pics. I thought this photo was cute.



The cabin we stayed in was somewhat old school, so I had to take pictures. How often do you see home amenities like this? Oldies but goodies. I have to say I was kinda stoked to see it.







And the view from out the window...



I really liked this tree..




And up my favorite tree was a cool Squirrel. I'm suprised how well the photos came out, since he was pretty high up that tree.





And I liked this photo..



And of course, to enjoy the snow, one has to play in it and make Snow Balls... They apparently have a doohickey to make them perfect now.



And the fight ensues



Apparently the tree was involved as well. Or someone had bad aim...



Speaking of Snowballs, the Snowball project is still kicking, but for some reason, I don't have any photos of them locked up yet. The Albino het Axanthic and the Axanthic het Albino have been having a great time together, so hopefully, I will have some little Snowballs to share in the Summer!

Pairings today before going back home for the Holidays.

Have a great day, my friends!

1 comment:

BlackJackReptiles said...

I was actually looking for that exact snow ball maker this weekend. Also, the toilet pic is awesome LOL